May 6, 2011

dream

Today I'm feeling wistful and so I'll share with you my dream New England wedding.  I fell deeply in love with Shelburne Farms in Vermont on a visit in 2009 with Joe.  After some play time at the animal barn and working farms, a fresh farm-grown lunch from a truck, and an invigorating hike across the valley, through the woods and along the shore, we arrived upon the Inn at Shelburne Farms, the once Vanderbilt owned country home.  We explored the grounds with much curiosity; me with my camera, and wandered around to the back lawn and into the wonderfully picturesque gardens on the shores of Lake Champlain.  It was there, in those gardens that I knew I so wanted to say my vows to Joseph.  Of course as it turns out, we're saying our vows in two different locations, but neither are in Vermont.  What more can I say, but to advise you to visit? 

view of the Inn at Shelburne Farms from the garden from my visit in 2009

panoramic view of formal gardens from 1918 via Shelburne Farms website


No comments:

Post a Comment