November 17, 2010

chuppah

I made my best friend a chuppah for her wedding.  My inspiration came directly from a bride/poet/book artist named Jennifer Borges Foster who's wedding was photographed and featured on the blog of One Love Photo, and her woven creation from a heddle loom.
One Love Photo
I contacted Jennifer and then the Philadelphia Guild of Handweavers in search of a loom and instructor.  Before long, I was spending much of my free time weaving on a Parisian loom under the mentorship of Maryanne, a fibers artists and president of PGHW, in her home basement studio.  Like Jennifer, this was my first experience with loom weaving.




The hard work and long hours were well worth it.  The weaving became a chuppah in the summer of 2010. 



All wedding photos by Shai Eynov
We hope to use it again this summer for our wedding at my friend's generous offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment